SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
Converts smart phones to student response systems and includes interactive formative assessment tied to differentiated instruction
Wynnewood, PA (February 4, 2011) - SAFARI Montage announces the launch of free downloadable apps for iPad® and iPhone® mobile digital devices that work in conjunction with a properly configured SAFARI Montage server. The apps allow teachers and students to use their iPhone or iPad to access SAFARI Montage digital resources, control classroom devices, conduct formative assessment that is tied to differentiated instruction, interact with the new SAFARI Montage Digital Curriculum Presenter™ module and much more. This mobile device integration, which supports iPad, iPhone and Android™-based devices, as well as netbooks, further enhances the accessibility of rich media educational digital resources vital in today’s learning process.
Mobile devices are increasingly recognized as strategic tools that enable global access to educational materials and improve the quality of education anytime, anywhere. Through mobile device integration and SAFARI Montage Apps, accessing thousands of curriculum-based videos from a SAFARI Montage server has never been easier. Both teacher presentation and student playback of content in one-to-one wireless environments are supported through SAFARI Montage mobile device integration.
Teachers and administrators can also access room device controls from anywhere in the classroom, providing great flexibility and management of resources. Additionally, mobile integration in SAFARI Montage offers a cost-effective Student Response Solution for formative assessment.
“So many of today’s students own mobile devices. With the shrinking technology budgets of districts, educators are seeing the benefits of allowing the use of student-owned mobile devices in class for formative assessment and for its ability to further integrate digital content into curricula. Teachers can diagnose student needs, plan out next steps in instruction, provide students with feedback they can use to improve the quality of their work and help students feel empowered in their journey to success through the power of SAFARI Montage,” said Tim Beekman, President and Co-Founder of SAFARI Montage.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides K-12 school districts with a comprehensive solution for their digital media networking and visual instruction needs. The full suite of integrated products provides a single interface for accessing all visual resources from inside the school district intranet or from home. The award-winning SAFARI Montage Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management enterprise solution is designed to cut costs for school districts by utilizing intelligent digital media delivery, while facilitating visual instruction and learning in the classroom. SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry’s leading video publishers. In addition, SAFARI Montage provides the ability for school districts to easily upload and manage their own digital video and other content, and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. With the introduction of its new Pathways SM module, SAFARI Montage now provides a solution for districts to control, manage and schedule classroom and district devices. For more information, visit www.SAFARIMontage.com.
iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement