SAFARI Montage names Dr. Tim Clark Director of Learning Innovation
West Conshohocken, PA (June 9, 2014) - SAFARI Montage announces the appointment of Dr. Tim Clark to the position of Director of Learning Innovation. In this new role, Tim will provide digital convergence guidance to SAFARI Montage customers through high-level strategic planning and hands-on professional development services. He brings over 25 years of experience as an educator to the company, most recently as the Coordinator of Instructional Technology at Forsyth County Schools, Georgia.
"Tim is a highly sought after thought leader in transformative integration of educational technology in K-12 instruction whose real world experience at Forsyth County Schools has provided him with an opportunity to innovate, lead and impact school district BYOD implementations nationally,” said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO and Co-Founder of SAFARI Montage. “We are honored to have him bring his experience with digital conversion strategies to help lead school districts who have adopted our Learning Object Repository or Digital Learning Platform."
Throughout his career, Tim has been a vocal advocate for the implementation of instructional technology in order to increase achievement and motivation, to encourage collaboration, to facilitate critical thinking and to construct innovative learning environments. He promotes BYOT for transforming classrooms into learning communities with personalized technology tools and frequently consults school districts on the implementation of BYOT. He was a key cog in the innovation that brought Forsyth County Schools to national prominence in BYOT. He is also the author of the BYOTNetwork blog, co-moderator of a weekly Twitter chat on BYOT (#byotchat) and contributor to that website at byotchat.com.
Tim earned his Doctor of Education in Leadership for Learning with a concentration in Instructional Technology from Kennesaw State University, and his research and dissertation focused on designing online learning communities for elementary students. He has presented and conducted workshops on BYOT, digital age learning and other topics for organizations such as ISTE and CoSN, and has been featured in NBC News, EdTech Magazine, eSchool News, Scholastic Administrator, THE Journal and many other news outlets.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides K-12 school districts with a fully integrated Digital Learning Platform, including a Learning Object Repository, Video Streaming Library, IPTV and Live Media Streaming, designed to handle video efficiently. The solution is IMS Global technology interoperability standards certified working with virtually all classroom technology, mobile devices and district systems. The full suite of integrated modules provides a single interface for users to access and manage all digital, visual resources from within the school district network or from home. With the introduction of the Digital Curriculum Presenter™ (DCP) module, curriculum departments can elegantly deliver a full digital curriculum. SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry’s leading video publishers, which include Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC and more. SAFARI Montage is now the only commercial digital distributor of PBS’ library of full-length programs to schools nationwide. In addition, school districts can easily upload and manage their own digital content, and disseminate it to all users throughout the school or district.
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement