Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement
Wynnewood, PA (May 20, 2010) - Allen Independent School District (Allen ISD) Allen, TX, is now able to manage all of its digital resources and to increase instructional value in the classroom through the integration of Pathways SM, a SAFARI Montage module that enables districts to control, manage and schedule classroom devices easily within one common interface. The implementation of Pathways SM allows educators to seamlessly integrate high-quality videos, images and other digital media into the curriculum to facilitate district-wide visual learning.
Allen ISD is comprised of 20 schools serving more than 18,000 students in grades K-12. It was essential for the administration at Allen ISD to implement a technology solution that would support teachers with their digital lesson plans, engage today’s students in learning and deliver Professional Development and Superintendent messages cost-effectively.
According to David Spann, Director of Technology, Allen ISD, “It goes without saying that today’s students are engaged with digital media – it surrounds them everywhere, all the time. Therefore, it is critical for us to provide teachers with the tools and resources to maximize the educational technologies they use in the classroom every day.”
Allen ISD decided to upgrade its legacy SAFARI Video Networks Pathways system through the Texas regional systems integrator, Delcom Group, to today’s more comprehensive Pathways SM solution for its increased functionality, ability to perform All-Call, better management capabilities and greater reporting resources.
“It was crucial to have a reliable and easy-to-use technology solution in place that would support instructional objectives and enable visual teaching district-wide,” states Norma Williammee, Account Executive of SAFARI Montage, “and Allen ISD leadership vision is the driving force.”
For more information about Pathways SM, SAFARI Montage, the total solution for digital media networks, or any other products and services from SAFARI Montage, please visit www.SAFARIMontage.com or call 800.843.4549.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides K-12 school districts with a comprehensive solution for their digital media networking and visual instruction needs. The full suite of integrated products provides a single interface for accessing all visual resources from inside the school district intranet or from home. The award-winning SAFARI Montage Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management enterprise solution is designed to cut costs for school districts by utilizing intelligent digital media delivery, while facilitating visual instruction and learning in the classroom. SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry’s leading video publishers. In addition, SAFARI Montage provides the ability for school districts to easily upload and manage their own digital video and other content, and disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. With the introduction of its new Pathways SM module, SAFARI Montage now provides a solution for districts to control, manage and schedule classroom and district devices.
About Delcom Group
Founded in January 2000, Delcom Group is a regional systems integrator with offices in Texas and Oklahoma. With a passion for working with K-12 customers and partnering with them to offer solutions that enable our 21st century students the ability to learn in a more dynamic and diverse way, Delcom is leading the way in providing technology solutions for schools that enable teachers to enrich the learning experience for our kids.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement