The SAFARI Montage web proxy service enables districts to selectively approve and enable access to videos from any blocked web site, including YouTube. It provides an ideal solution for districts that want to limit general access to sites such as YouTube, without losing access to the valuable educational resources available on these sites.
The web proxy has been pre-configured to allow access to all web links* to YouTube hosted-content included with SAFARI Montage Core Content packages. It also enables teachers to upload, share and add YouTube content to the LOR.
YouTube videos accessed via web proxy play in the SAFARI Montage embedded player without ads, comments and suggested videos that are visible when viewing on YouTube, ensuring online privacy protection and creating a safe environment for student viewing. SAFARI Montage is a trusted source for curated YouTube educational resources for K-12. Learn more.
NEW 8.2 Admins can now manage which user types can upload YouTube links to the LOR on a per-school basis.
A Trusted Source for Curated YouTube Educational Resources for K-12
Access academically-relevant content on YouTube via SAFARI Montage for a safe student-viewing experience
All SAFARI Montage Core Content packages include links to educational YouTube videos, correlated to standards. SAFARI Montage also offers a Web Proxy service for districts that block YouTube, allowing admins to enable access only to approved YouTube content for teachers and students.
NEW2021 YouTube Video Links
Over 2,300 total NEW free and open educational resources, including YouTube video links have been recently added. Highlights include:
- Anne Frank House Video Links
- Civics 101 Podcasts
- ClassDojo Video Links
- Common Sense Education Video Links
- Computer History Museum Video Links
- The Concord Consortium Digital Resources
- ESPN Sport Science Video Links
- Esports Video Links
- Georgia Public Broadcasting Video Links
- HISTORY Video Links
- MIT+K12 Video Links
- Music Education Video Links
- National Constitution Center Video Links
- NowThis News Video Links
- Pulitzer Center Lesson Plan Links
- RocketKids Video Links
- Science Friday Podcasts
- Sesame Street Web Links
- SparkFun Electronics Video Links
- Texas Historical CommissionVideo Links
- U.S. Air Force Band Music
- United States Golf Association Video Links
- World101 Digital Resources
- Writing Prompts Content Package
- UPDATE All-Star Orchestra Web Links
- UPDATE Crash Course Web Links
- UPDATE Digital Resources Curated by SAFARI Montage
- UPDATE Edutopia Web Links
- UPDATE Encyclopedia of Life Digital Resources
- UPDATE Flocabulary Web Links
- UPDATE Mr. Nussbaum Digital Resources
- UPDATE NASA Digital Resources
- UPDATE National Geographic Video Links
- UPDATE National Science Foundation Digital Resources
- UPDATE The New York Times Video Web Links
- UPDATE NOAA Digital Resources
- UPDATE Oyez Supreme Court Web Links
- UPDATE Project Gutenberg eBooks
- UPDATE Scholastic Channel Web Links
- UPDATE Shmoop Video Links
- UPDATE Storyline Online Video Links
- UPDATE TED-Ed Web Links
- UPDATE Themed Resources from the Library of Congress
- UPDATE The World Factbook
All YouTube video links available via SAFARI Montage have been handpicked for their direct application to K–12 curriculum and correlated to academic standards. All YouTube links can be added to Playlists.
Videos accessed via web proxy play in the SAFARI Montage embedded player without ads, comments and suggested videos that are visible when viewing on YouTube, ensuring online privacy protection for students. SAFARI Montage does not sell or market student data.
SAFARI Montage Web Proxy
Allows district to selectively approve YouTube videos while also enabling teachers to upload, share and add YouTube content to Playlists, creating a safe environment for student viewing.
Whitelist Approved Content
SAFARI Montage also offers solutions that work with district firewalls and content filters to enable teachers and students to gain access to approved YouTube content only.