SAFARI Montage Now Integrated With SMART Board interactive whiteboards
Wynnewood, PA (June 15, 2009) - SAFARI Montage, the award-winning, Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management system for school districts is now integrated with SMART Board™ interactive whiteboards, thereby adding vast resources of video content for teachers.
SAFARI Montage enhances the teacher’s use of the SMART Board interactive whiteboard in four important ways:1) Provides the ability to freeze frame video from SAFARI Montage and annotate over it.
2) Allows teachers to save, share and embed their SMART Notebook files into their district’s central server.
3) SMART Notebook files can be included on SAFARI Montage playlists within a school’s or district’s wide area network, or from home.
4) Teachers can set permanent links from SMART Notebook files to SAFARI Montage video clips.
Director of Media and Instructional Technology for the School District of Osceola County, Mel Pace, Ph.D., said, “SAFARI Montage is an outstanding partner to have. Each time we have made a request for an addition to their system, they have quickly responded to our request. This new inclusion of the SMART Notebook interface is just one example of how close a partner they are with their customers. It is a pleasure doing business with such a responsive company.”
"The SAFARI Montage server at a school or district in conjunction with SMART Board interactive whiteboards allows teachers to use powerful, engaging videos in their lessons and enhance their interactive lessons,” said Tim Beekman, President, SAFARI Montage."
“Teachers are continually searching for suitable, engaging content to assist students in their understanding of concepts and subjects,” says Nancy Knowlton, SMART’s CEO. “SAFARI Montage offers a wide range of video resources that work very well with SMART Notebook files presented on SMART Board interactive whiteboards.”
Both the SMART Notebook pages and annotated frozen video image files can be integrated into playlists that serve as multimedia lesson plans. These customized playlists can be saved and shared with all the classrooms and teachers in the school district and can make lesson plans fun and engaging for students.About SMART
SMART Technologies invented the touch-sensitive SMART Board interactive whiteboard in 1991. It was just the first of many innovative, easy-to-use products that have earned SMART worldwide recognition and made it the undisputed global leader in the interactive whiteboard product category. Its strategic alliance with Intel Corporation and strong commitment to research and development has accelerated SMART’s growing line of technology solutions. Thanks to their simplicity and powerful ability to connect people, SMART products have transformed learning for more than 25 million students around the world.About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage is the award-winning, broadcast-quality, Video-On-Demand solution for schools and districts that comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC, Sesame Street and more. In addition to preloaded content, SAFARI Montage provides the ability for school districts to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. SAFARI Montage delivers an entire education solution of visual instruction resources, device controllers, digital media management, digital rights management and video conferencing for the classroom from one central system, enabling a total approach to teaching, learning and achievement for 21st century learners. For more information go to www.SAFARIMontage.com.
Manager, Public Relations
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement