SAFARI Montage’s Biggest Product Release Ever
NECC Announcement: Version 4.0 is filled with new features, plus the introduction of Pathways SM which supports classroom device control and scheduling
Wynnewood, PA (June 11, 2009) - SAFARI Montage will be announcing its biggest ever product release at NECC in Washington, D.C. The new Version 4.0 is filled with enhancements to the system, including:
• Support for new file types, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Flash and more.
• A new folder system that organizes playlists by district and user.
• Integration with SAFARI Montage Live! to access archived video conferences.
• A new integrated module called Pathways SM, a solution for districts to control, manage and schedule classroom devices.
With Pathways SM, school districts can easily control classroom projectors through All-Call and All-Off features, ideal for school announcements and turning off projectors to save on bulb life. Teachers can easily control classroom projectors, DVDs/VCRs, monitors and document cameras from one source.
“What SAFARI Montage is to a district’s video-on-demand system, Pathways SM is to the classroom, and both modules are fully integrated providing a variety of useful applications,” said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO of SAFARI Montage. “Classroom device control is critical to making technology simple enough for even the most reluctant teachers.”The new Pathways SM Module integrates with three custom-designed pieces of hardware, including:
• Classroom Media Controller (CMC) – Supports the ability to take any Pathways SM video stream and output them to a projector or other display type. It supports SAFARI Montage content, document cameras, DVD players or H.264 streams.
• Kiosk Controller - Manages digital video signage in common areas, supports one or four simultaneous video feeds on a single display, and can run continuous streams of school-related news and events.
• Calypso Source Controller – Enables interoperability with Pathways SM endpoint devices by converting serial-based devices to IP.
• Enhanced Interactive Whiteboard Integration – The integration of SMART Board™ Notebook files is now supported. Plus, with SAFARI Montage Managed Home Access, teachers can now upload interactive whiteboard files (Promethean or SMART) from home.
• Enhanced Playlists – New folder system organizes Playlists by district and by user, ability to permanently link playlists to other documents and portals outside SAFARI Montage, and support for several new multimedia file types.
• Enhanced SAFARI Montage CreationStation® Features - Now supports a vast array of commonly-known document and media file types: MPEG-1, Interactive Flash (.swf), Flash Video (.flv), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and OpenOffice Documents, Spreadsheets, and Presentations, Plain Text (.txt) and Rich Text (.rtf).
• Variable-speed Video Playback – Enables slower speed playback for special education.
• Saved SAFARI Montage Live! videoconferencing sessions are now accessible from the dashboard.
For more information, visit www.safarimontage.com, or call 800-843-4549.
About SAFARI Montage:
SAFARI Montage is the award-winning, broadcast-quality, Video-On-Demand solution for schools and districts that comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC, Sesame Street and more. In addition to preloaded content, SAFARI Montage provides the ability for school districts to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. SAFARI Montage delivers an entire education solution of visual instruction resources, device controllers, digital media management, digital rights management and video conferencing for the classroom from one central system, enabling a total approach to teaching, learning and achievement for 21st century learners.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement