SAFARI Montage and BestQuest Combine to Bring Two Engaging Math Teaching Systems to Schools
- Algebra’scool and Math’scool -
Wynnewood, PA (April 25, 2008) - SAFARI Montage has signed a deal with BestQuest Teaching Systems to digitally deliver their two innovative and dynamic math teaching systems - Math’scool and Algebra’scool - through the award-winning SAFARI Montage Video-On-Demand Solution. These unique teaching programs provide all of the supporting materials that a teacher needs to prepare students for success in algebra and higher math. Algebra’scool and Math’scool use a multi-sensory approach to teaching mathematics through entertaining animations, lively graphics, concrete examples and real-world explanations.
“BestQuest’s two-fold mission to assist teachers and parents was developed to produce educational curricula in a creative and understandable way, utilizing technology, print materials, and manipulatives, and to engage students in the educational process while attaining the goals of enhanced learning and increased achievement,” said Joe Irby, President of BestQuest Teaching Systems. “The initial product was delivered via state-of-the art DVDs, which was extremely successful. Now, with our new relationship with SAFARI Montage’s digital delivery solution, BestQuest can expand the reach of its revolutionary advancement in mathematics curriculum resources even further.”
Algebra’scool and Math’scool video lessons come with supporting materials that bolster and extend the video instruction. These materials include instructor guides and blackline masters of student materials.
The Algebra’scool series, for grades 7-12, provides comprehensive instructional material covering a complete Algebra I curriculum and supports standards from both the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) and state departments of education. The series consists of 99 algebra lessons accompanied by teacher guides and student worksheets, as well as 25 short videos profiling professionals who use algebra in their careers.
The Math’scool series, for grades 5-9, fully addresses basic math skills and concepts necessary to prepare students for success in algebra and higher math, including numbers and operations, fractions, decimals, geometry and measurement. This series is designed to cover all relevant standards from both the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) and state departments of education. The series consists of 74 lessons accompanied by teacher guides and student worksheets, in addition to 13 short videos introducing students to adults who rely on math in their daily professions.
About SAFARI Montage
Library Video Company’s SAFARI Montage system is the award-winning, broadcast-quality, Video-On-Demand solution for school districts comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC, Sesame Street and more. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the only Wide Area Network Digital Media Management solution — provides maximum flexibility for a school district to upload and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About BestQuest Teaching Systems®
In January 2001, Joe Irby, a former school administrator and math teacher, founded BestQuest Teaching Systems® in Little Rock, Arkansas, with the goal of developing the most effective and engaging curriculum for students at a reasonable cost. BestQuest seeks to apply technology to the creation of engaging materials that can be used equally well in a classroom setting or for individual, self-paced learning. The Company draws on the vast educational and technological experience of its employees and partners, extensive research of existing products and the directives of leading educators. As the demand for this groundbreaking new teaching system continues to grow, BestQuest plans to remain a step ahead by creating additional product lines to serve the needs of educators and enhance the intellect of today's students. www.BestQuest.com.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement