Harcourt School Publishers Correlates to Schlessinger Media in New Social Studies Text With Programs Also Available Digitally on SAFARI Montage
Wynnewood, PA (May 8, 2007) - Schlessinger Media, the largest producer of K-8 curricular programming, and Harcourt School Publishers, one of the nation’s largest educational textbook publishers, have entered into a non-exclusive agreement to correlate the video publisher’s programs to the teacher’s edition of Harcourt’s new social studies text, Harcourt Social Studies. The texts are available to schools across the country. School districts are able to purchase all of the video programs in both DVD and VHS, as well as digitally on SAFARI Montage, the award-winning Video-On-Demand solution for school districts.
“We are honored that Harcourt has chosen 21 of our educational social studies video programs to correlate to the Teacher Editions of their distinguished text,” said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO of Schlessinger Media and Library Video Company. “Schools using SAFARI Montage will be able to integrate the programs into lesson plans seamlessly, as the programs will be featured throughout the Teacher’s Edition,” he added.
“The Schlessinger Media video programs bring social studies concepts to life and enhance the rich content of Harcourt Social Studies,” said Terri Pope-Hellmund, Social Studies Product Manager.
Schlessinger Media programs may be purchased at www.LibraryVideo.com or call 800-843-3620. To learn more about digital Video-On-Demand for schools using SAFARI Montage, please visit www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About Schlessinger Media and SAFARI Montage
Since 1990, the educational programs produced, acquired and distributed by Schlessinger Media have become essential components of school and public library video collections across North America. This dynamic programming division of Library Video Company, the largest distributor of educational video in the U.S., has set the standard for outstanding supplemental learning in and out of the classroom. With more than 1,000 educational videos, Schlessinger Media assists educators in their teaching through supplemental video programs on important curriculum-related subjects.
SAFARI Montage is an award-winning, Video-On-Demand solution that comes preloaded with more than 1,000 educational video titles. Each title has been hand-picked for its direct application to the curriculum to support visual learning. Selected from the finest educational publishers in the world, SAFARI Montage content packages are from the series that teachers use, love and respect, including the award-winning Schlessinger Media content library. More information is available at www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About Harcourt School Publishers
Harcourt School Publishers is the elementary basal publishing unit of Harcourt Education, a global education provider serving students and teachers in Pre-K through grade 12, adult learners and readers of all ages. The Harcourt Education companies include Harcourt School Publishers, Holt, Rinehart and Winston, Harcourt Trade, Harcourt Assessment, Inc., Harcourt Connected Learning and Harcourt Education International. For more information, please visit www.harcourtschool.com.Harcourt Contact: Rick Blake Vice President Communications and Government Relations 407-345-3987
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement