Library Video Company WINS the EdNET 2006 Pioneer Award
SAFARI Montage lauded for its important contributions to K-12 education
Philadelphia, PA (September 25, 2006) - Library Video Company was awarded the prestigious EdNET 2006 Pioneer Award at the EdNET Conference in Boston, MA. The Pioneer Award honors organizations that have made important contributions through their products and programs to the education industry in the past year.
SAFARI Montage, Library Video Company’s broadcast-quality, digital video-on-demand solution, provides schools and districts with digital access to hundreds of educational programs from the finest video publishers in the world, including the award-winning Schlessinger Media. EdNET judges summed up Library Video Company’s SAFARI Montage product as “Smart. Just smart. From considerations regarding bandwidth and, especially quality, this company to me seems to get it in a very Pioneer-ish way.”
“We’re honored to have won an award which recognizes the unique visual learning attributes of SAFARI Montage,” said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO of Library Video Company. “Our new product, SAFARI Montage WAN Manager, is being released later this month and takes both district-wide video-on-demand and Digital Media Management to another level,” he added.
“We’re proud of this recognition and will continue to develop innovative technology solutions to help educators enhance and improve visual learning,” said Tim Beekman, President of SAFARI Video Networks.
A panel of leading education industry experts selected the finalists for the EdNET 2006 Industry Awards, which is coordinated by The Heller Reports and Quality Education Data (QED), a Scholastic company and leading provider of integrated marketing services for the pre-K through higher education markets.
“Our goal in providing on-going coordination of the EdNET awards is to recognize the finalists as model organizations that are moving the industry forward, making a unique contribution that embodies the spirit of business in service of K-12 education,” said Michael Jay, President of Educational Systemics.
“We commend the EdNET Industry Award finalists for going the extra distance to inspire and support educators in their efforts to advance classroom learning, so that our nation’s students will be prepared to compete in a global economy,” said Andy Lacy, general manager of QED.
For more information about the awards program, visit www.QEDData.com or phone 800-525-5811, ext. 9421. For more information about Library Video Company, visit www.LibraryVideo.com. For more information about SAFARI Montage, visit www.safarimontage.com or call 800-843-4549.About EdNET
The EdNET Industry Awards program was created in 1992 to champion the efforts of progressive organizations helping to revitalize the nation’s educational system. The program has become a focal point of the EdNET Conference, the education market’s premier annual networking conference produced by The Heller Reports, a Quality Education Data company. The EdNET Conference brings together education executives, school administrators and policymakers to network and build strategic business partnerships. The EdNET 2006 Conference will be in Boston on Sept. 17-19. For more information about the EdNET Conference and awards program, visit www.QEDData.com or phone 877-435-5373, ext. 9421.About Library Video Company
Founded in 1985 by Andrew Schlessinger, Library Video Company (LVC) is the largest distributor of educational media to schools and libraries nationwide, in addition to the recently introduced SAFARI Montage. This broadcast quality, video-on-demand solution for schools and districts comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including LVC’s own award-winning Schlessinger Media library. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the first Wide Area Network Digital Media Management solution — provides maximum flexibility for a school district to control and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. For more information about SAFARI Montage, go to www.SAFARIMontage.com. For more information about Library Video Company, go to www.LibraryVideo.com.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement