Library Video Company Completes the Acquisition of SAFARI Technologies’ Video Networking Division
Wynnewood, PA (March 1, 2005) - Today, Library Video Company, the leading distributor of educational VHS and DVD programs to schools nationwide, completed the purchase of SAFARI Technologies’ Video Networking Division. SAFARI Video Networks is the leading provider of video networking solutions for schools in the U.S. SAFARI Video Networks, a subsidiary of Library Video Company, will give schools the first truly open video network from which to select video content from scores of educational video publishers.
Library Video Company’s 20-year relationship with hundreds of the best educational video publishers in the industry will give educators a choice when selecting digitally delivered content to license the very best products for their teachers and curriculum.
Nick Strecker, Media Director of Kirkwood High School, Kirkwood, Mo., said, “The merger with Library Video Company could not have proven more timely as we may now begin to integrate their high-quality content onto our servers in our VIS [SAFARI Video Information System]. We look forward to continuing to move forward with providing the best tools of educational technology for our teachers and students, anchored by our SAFARI Video Information System and the content of Library Video Company.”
“The educational market has waited a long time for this, and we intend to provide the same high levels of service as we have in our VHS and DVD business,” said Andrew Schlessinger, President and CEO, Library Video Company. “While our commitment to our hard copy business has not wavered, we had to be responsive to our customers’ requests to be able to do real collection development with their digitally delivered video,” he added.
“SAFARI’s vision for the digital educational market was very much in sync with Library Video Company” said Tim Beekman, President of SAFARI Video Networks. He added, “I am thrilled to now be able to enhance our classroom visual presentation products with content from LVC and Schlessinger Media. Our multitude of video services is now matched by a vast array of educational video content from many publishers.”
About Library Video Company
Founded in 1985 by Andrew Schlessinger, Library Video Company is the leading distributor of educational video to schools and public libraries nationwide. The company stocks over 18,000 titles covering all subjects for all grades. Each program has been carefully reviewed and selected for content that is appropriate for the classroom and public library setting. In its 20th year, the company continues to be the forerunner in educational media distribution through its commitment to providing schools and libraries with new titles, new services and new product formats. Library Video Company supports the efforts of educators with the No Child Left Behind Act and LibraryVideo.com has set the standard for efficient media collection management online.
About SAFARI Video Networks
Located in Lawton, MI, SAFARI Video Networks, a newly acquired subsidiary of Library Video Company, is the leading provider of video networking solutions for schools in the U.S. SAFARI’s leading product is a digital content system providing a single interface for all educational publishers and school created libraries; and a WAN (Wide Area Network) that delivers rich media resources from a central mass server to local school servers and then to the classroom PC, Apple computer or SAFARI set-top box. SAFARI also supports video conferencing, video security, video announcements, cable TV management, school bell management, and more.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement