PBS and SAFARI Montage Sign Expanded K-12 Digital Distribution Deal
Wynnewood, PA (May 22, 2012) - SAFARI Montage is proud to announce the renewal and expansion of its K-12 digital relationship with PBS (Public Broadcasting Service). With this expanded relationship, beginning July 1, 2012, SAFARI Montage will become the only major commercial digital distributor of PBS’ full-length programs to schools nationwide. As confirmed by PBS, PBS will not be renewing their digital distribution agreements with other major players such as Discovery Education and Learn360.
“SAFARI Montage is honored to expand its relationship with PBS to provide schools with essential K-12 PBS series and programs on our state-of-the-art learning object repository and digital delivery system,” said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO and Co-Founder of SAFARI Montage.
“PBS is pleased to extend our licensing agreement with SAFARI Montage,” said Andrea Downing, Co-President of PBS Distribution. “PBS content has been distributed through SAFARI Montage and Library Video Company in a variety of formats for many years, providing educators with easy access to our rich library of award-winning educational programming. As the need for high quality digital media in K-12 classrooms grows, we are proud to partner with a company that shares our commitment to engaging students and teachers with tools specifically crafted for innovative, 21st-century learning.”
The agreement begins a new chapter in a long-standing relationship for SAFARI Montage, the premier digital content provider to K-12 classrooms, and PBS, the world renowned U.S. network of educational programming, which dates back nearly 25 years. Since 2005, SAFARI Montage has provided K-12 classrooms with access to hundreds of essential PBS digital series and programs, covering everything from history, science and the arts to math and literacy.
During 2012, SAFARI Montage will be adding 300 of the latest PBS/WGBH programs and series to the 650 programs currently available, such as Ken Burns’ The Civil War, NOVA, Frontline, Between the Lions, Cyberchase, Liberty’s Kids, Masterpiece Theatre and We Shall Remain. New PBS offerings to SAFARI Montage during 2012 include Ken Burns’ The War and Prohibition, Freedom Riders, America Goes to War, The Human Spark, Wild Kratts, Your Life, Your Money, Telescope: Hunting the Edge of Space, Super WHY!, Martha Speaks, Design Squad, The Fabric of the Cosmos, Steve Jobs: One Last Thing and American Experience: Clinton. SAFARI Montage will also continue its long history of providing outstanding educational series that first ran on PBS such as Bill Nye: The Science Guy and Reading Rainbow.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides school districts with an integrated Learning Object Repository and Digital Media & Curriculum Delivery solution all wrapped into one. In addition, the solution is interoperable with virtually all classroom technology and most enterprise district systems. The full suite of integrated modules provides a single interface for users to access and manage all digital, visual resources from within the school district network or from home. And now, with the introduction of the Digital Curriculum Presenter™ (DCP) module, curriculum departments can elegantly deliver a full digital curriculum. The award-winning SAFARI Montage solution is also designed to cut costs for school districts by utilizing intelligent digital media solutions to replace traditional methods. SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry’s leading video publishers, which include Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Educational Production, BBC and more. In addition, school districts can easily upload and manage their own digital content, and disseminate it to all users throughout the school or district.
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement