SAFARI Montage® Broadcast Encoder
The SAFARI Montage Broadcast Encoder is a small form factor, single-input HD encoder that combines support for HLS Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) HTML5-native playback, traditional UDP multicasting, and low latency1 video streaming to most Content Delivery Networks.
These next generation encoders integrate seamlessly with SAFARI Montage IPTV & Live Media Streaming solutions to support delivery to mobile devices, Chromebooks, and all of the latest browsers. They provide full, native HTML5-compatible playback and dynamically serve the optimal stream and bitrate to each client — all without the need for a plugin2.
The SAFARI Montage Broadcast Encoder is ideal for streaming school news, and supports up to 120 clients (classrooms) directly. When paired with this encoder, SAFARI Montage IPTV & Live Media Streaming solutions will dynamically select the optimal streaming format through client auto-detection, delivering UDP multicast or HLS ABR unicast streams.
- HLS Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) Streaming
- Support for traditional UDP multicasting
- Low latency live video stream, which drastically reduces delays typically inherent in unicast streaming
- Auto-Updates to encoder software via SAFARI Montage API
- Integrated player provides direct playback option from encoder
- Designed on the Intel NUC embedded platform for worry free 24 x 7 operation
- Live streams resume automatically following video input or power interruptions
- Stream to most Content Delivery Networks
- Enhanced integration and centralized management of encoder settings and status via robust SAFARI Montage API
1 Average latency of 10 seconds or less in delivery of live video to CDN
2 Adobe Flash support may be required on supported legacy operating systems and browsers such as Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 11
3 Require IPTV Maintenance or IPTV Streaming Software Upgrade Plan
|Requirements||SAFARI Montage v7.5 or greater
IPTV or Selective Video Streaming license
AC input: 100-240 V
DC output: 19V/3.4A
|Video Encoding Resolutions||HLS ABR: 576p, 720p, 1080p
UDP Multicast: 1080p
CDN RTMP: 720p
|Audio Encoding||AAC @ 128 kbps|
|Audio Inputs||HDMI Digital
3.5 mm Analog (with optional USB adapter)
|Network||10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet|
|Dimensions||4.5" (W) x 4.6" (D) x 2.1" (H)|
|Environmental||0° C to +40° C|
|Included with each Encoder||6' HDMI cable
6' Network cable
|CDN Streaming & Centralized Management Requirements||IPTV Maintenance or IPTV Streaming Software Upgrade Plan (SUP)|
Add closed captioning to your live streams with an integrated ADA compliance solution.