Over 1000 National Digital Resources Added to SAFARI Montage for Free
Three New Free Content Packages for K-12 Releasing December 2011
Wynnewood, PA (December 16, 2011) - SAFARI Montage is pleased to announce the release of three new free content packages filled with digital resources for grades K to 12 from the libraries of three U.S. governmental agencies – the Library of Congress, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the National Park Service. These new packages bring an additional 1000 still images, video titles, primary resource web links, PowerPoint® presentations and PDF documents to the SAFARI Montage® system.
The NOAA Weather Photos package includes 702 photographs of weather-related phenomena such as types of clouds and storms and the environmental impact of catastrophic weather events from the late 19th century through to present day. The National Park Service Natural & Historical Digital Resources package contains videos, PDFs and PowerPoint presentations that cover a wide variety of science and social studies topics such as wildlife, climate change, the immigrant experience in America and Civil War battlegrounds. The Themed Resources from the Library of Congress package includes web links to primary resources from the Library of Congress. Created specifically for educators and aligned to State Standards, the resources cover a variety of historic subjects such as civics, government, the Great Depression, colonial and early America, and more.
Existing customers will be able to download this new content online to their SAFARI Montage system. The purchase of an additional hard drive may be required to host the content. For more information, please visit www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides school districts with an integrated Learning Object Repository and Digital Media & Curriculum Delivery solution all wrapped into one. In addition, the solution is interoperable with virtually all classroom technology and most enterprise district systems. The full suite of integrated modules provides a single interface for users to access and manage all digital, visual resources from within the school district network or from home. And now, with the introduction of the Digital Curriculum Presenter™ (DCP) module, curriculum departments can elegantly deliver a full digital curriculum. The award-winning SAFARI Montage solution is also designed to cut costs for school districts by utilizing intelligent digital media solutions to replace traditional methods. SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry’s leading video publishers, which include Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Educational Production, BBC and more. In addition, school districts can easily upload and manage their own digital content, and disseminate it to all users throughout the school or district.
Marketing Information Manager
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement