Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
Video-On-Demand, Digital Media Management, Educational Content, CreationStation™, Managed Home Access and Selective Video Streaming
Wynnewood, PA (January 24, 2011) - Lampasas Independent School District (Lampasas ISD) has selected SAFARI Montage to manage, create and distribute digital media throughout the district’s five campuses. Lampasas ISD, a small community located near Austin, TX, serves 3,350 students from grades Pre-K to 12. SAFARI Montage provides Lampasas ISD with a comprehensive solution for facilitating visual instruction and learning in the classroom, while also connecting teachers, students and parents to the district’s content from home.
According to Eric Folks, Instructional Technology Coordinator at Lampasas ISD, “SAFARI Montage has helped to meet the district’s needs for visual instruction without burdening the school’s Internet bandwidth —something we’ve struggled with before. Our teachers are thrilled with their ability to access and play relevant content quickly, easily and reliably.”
The SAFARI Montage user interface provides Lampasas ISD with tools for efficiency and creativity in the classroom. Through professional development training, teachers learned how to easily search for media by keyword, grade range, file type and other criteria, bookmark clips, create playlists and organize folders that can be shared with the school and/or district.
“I use SAFARI Montage to quickly find relevant video clips to support instruction in physics and chemistry,” said Ruth Henson, a Physics and Pre-AP Chemistry teacher at Lampasas High School. “There is no downloading, no library to visit, no hoping the video is available and no hours of watching irrelevant footage. The system allows me to create a playlist that I can open and play at the exact time I need it without worrying about ‘techno-failure.’”
Along with the SAFARI Montage Video-On-Demand system and educational content, Lampasas ISD uses SAFARI Montage CreationStation® to add, share and manage student- and teacher-created video content, as well as licensed programming. Once uploaded, the content can be meta-tagged with segment descriptions, correlated to Texas State Standards and marked for home access through Managed Home Access (MHA). Additionally, with the SAFARI Montage MHA H.264 Converter, Lampasas ISD is able to automatically convert video uploaded via CreationStation to the standard MHA-playable format, “a feature that works great and saves the district a great amount of time,” commented Mr. Folks.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides K-12 school districts with a comprehensive solution for their digital media networking and visual instruction needs. The full suite of integrated products provides a single interface for accessing all visual resources from inside the school district intranet or from home. The award-winning SAFARI Montage Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management enterprise solution is designed to cut costs for school districts by utilizing intelligent digital media delivery, while facilitating visual instruction and learning in the classroom. SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry’s leading video publishers. In addition, SAFARI Montage provides the ability for school districts to easily upload and manage their own digital video and other content, and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. With the introduction of its new Pathways SM module, SAFARI Montage now provides a solution for districts to control, manage and schedule classroom and district devices. For more information, visit www.SAFARIMontage.com.
Marketing Information Manager
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement