Volusia County Schools Awards SAFARI Montage With Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management Contract
Wynnewood, PA (August 6, 2008) - Volusia County Schools, Deland, FL (VCS), awarded a 3-year content license agreement to Library Video Company’s (LVC) SAFARI Montage system to equip all of its 76 school sites with SAFARI Montage WAN Manager, the award-winning, WAN-based, Video-On-Demand and digital media management enterprise system.
“One of our goals is to bring our students the very best educational experiences possible. Inspired teaching and learning will be enhanced through SAFARI Montage’s Video-On-Demand system. With outstanding educational video content, ITV video streaming, teleconferencing and media management capabilities, we believe this suite of products will provide us with exciting opportunities to significantly improve our instructional delivery activities for students and staff. We have been building the infrastructure to support these capabilities, and these products are almost perfectly aligned with our vision of delivering and managing video throughout the district. We’re excited to be bringing our students and staff this new-age digital resource that will help them to succeed in school and beyond,” said Bill Tindall, Executive Director of Technology.
VCS has selected the SAFARI Montage system to support their curricular needs through a suite of products, including SAFARI Montage CreationStation, Selective Video Streaming and SAFARI Montage Live! With all of these products, the nearly 65,000 VCS students will have access to the finest educational content available, including Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic and more. VCS will also be able to easily upload and manage their own video content through CreationStation.
“We are excited that Volusia took a total solution approach to meet their video needs, not only with content but also with integration of their video production, as well as live video conferencing with SAFARI Montage Live! They really understand the impact of all visual learning resources needed in the classroom,” said Tim Beekman, President of SAFARI Montage.
With SAFARI Montage Live!, VCS can implement video conferencing that allows their educators to connect and collaborate with colleagues and students like never before – easily and affordably. SAFARI Montage Selective Video Streaming allows VCS administrators to manage live cable TV, video camera and Internet streaming through a common user interface.
About SAFARI Montage
Library Video Company’s SAFARI Montage system is the award-winning, broadcast-quality, Video-On-Demand solution for school districts which comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC, Sesame Street and more. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the only Wide Area Network Digital Media Management solution — provides maximum flexibility for a school district to upload and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About Volusia County Schools
Volusia County, Florida, is located along the central east coast of Florida, with Daytona Beach and the International Speedway being perhaps the most universally known landmarks. The district serves 16 municipalities and surrounding unincorporated areas spread across a land mass of 1,200 square miles. Superintendent Dr. Margaret A. Smith leads a progressive and high performing school system that is often recognized as a leader at the state and national level. This district has long enjoyed a reputation for the equitable distribution and utilization of technology in all schools and classrooms. This historical commitment to technology by the community and School Board is exemplified by the district being one of the first large systems to provide network capabilities to all schools and classrooms in the early 1990s. For the 2007-2008 school year, the Volusia District earned an “A” grade in Florida’s educational accountability grading system and is traditionally rated as one of the highest performing districts in the state. www.volusia.k12.fl.us/
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement