Baltimore County Public Schools Chooses the SAFARI Montage Digital Learning Platform
District will use Digital Curriculum Presenter™ to support new digital learning initiatives for 2013-14
Wynnewood, PA (May 23, 2013) - Baltimore County Public Schools has chosen SAFARI Montage Digital Curriculum Presenter (DCP) to support their recently announced initiative to provide 1:1 digital learning environments for all BCPS students, beginning in 2013-14. DCP will be used to deliver the district’s digital curriculum, including their new elementary-level world languages curriculum, to all BCPS classrooms and student mobile devices. As the district moves toward implementing 1:1 learning environments, DCP, a mobile device compatible platform, will support this initiative by providing students with direct access to the curriculum and learning resources on the devices that they will be using every day.
BCPS has been utilizing the SAFARI Montage Media Delivery System and Learning Object Repository since 2007 to provide teachers and students with access to licensed and locally produced digital content. The digital resources currently stored within the BCPS Learning Object Repository (LOR) will be easily integrated into DCP, allowing teachers and administrators to build engaging multimedia lessons tied to Common Core standards. In addition, the SAFARI Montage LOR and DCP are interoperable with other educational technology solutions, which will offer BCPS seamless integration with their other IMS standards-based systems, databases and classroom devices.
“Baltimore County Public Schools has been a pioneer in utilizing SAFARI Montage as a Learning Object Repository, and they are now taking a giant leap forward in implementing a digital curriculum for a mobile environment with our Digital Learning Platform as its backbone. We are proud of this relationship and look forward to continuing to work with BCPS for many more years,” says Tim Beekman, President, SAFARI Montage.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides school districts with an integrated Learning Object Repository and Digital Media & Curriculum Delivery solution all wrapped into one. In addition, the solution is interoperable with virtually all classroom technology and most enterprise district systems. The full suite of integrated modules provides a single interface for users to access and manage all digital, visual resources from within the school district network or from home. And now, with the introduction of the Digital Curriculum Presenter™ (DCP) module, curriculum departments can elegantly deliver a full digital curriculum. The award-winning SAFARI Montage solution is also designed to cut costs for school districts by utilizing intelligent digital media solutions to replace traditional methods. SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry’s leading video publishers, which include Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Educational Production, BBC and more. In addition, school districts can easily upload and manage their own digital content, and disseminate it to all users throughout the school or district.
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement