Employment Position: Desktop/Server Support Technician: DT-ST
SAFARI Montage is the leading K-12 Learning Object Repository, Video Streaming Library, IPTV & Live Media Streaming provider. The platform provides an interoperable foundation for teachers and students to access procured, created and curated educational digital resources, create playlists and integrate items into their LMS. The platform is IMS certified in LTI, Common Cartridge, OneRoster and CASE.
SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry's leading video publishers, which include Schlessinger Media, PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Scholastic, Disney Education, BBC and more.
This position is primarily desktop support position with some basic server-level application management and server OS support. Reporting to the Director of IT, the Desktop/Server Support Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Provide hardware, software and application support across all platforms including PCs, Macs, iOS/Android devices, and Cisco VOIP phones;
- Monitor and respond to help desk calls from internal and field employees, providing problem resolution via phone, email, remote access and in-person;
- Prepare and deploy hardware, desktops, laptops, and mobile platforms;
- Maintain all printers included deployment, troubleshooting, and supply management;
- Maintain and track all IT hardware inventory and software licensing;
- Manage and coordinate support for Mobile Devices and Service Plans;
- FTP server administration and user management;
- Provide basic network hardware installation and configuration assistance;
- Provide basic Active Directory management and server application support;
- Participate in on-call afterhours support rotation on a scheduled basis
- Monitor and maintain data center and desktop uninterruptable power supplies; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience;
- 2-3 years’ experience in desktop support; prior experience with server hardware, software and applications preferred;
- Ability to multi-task, and to work on assigned projects; keep team informed;
- Must be customer service oriented, self-motivated and can work independently;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Windows and OSX operating systems required;
- Must be able to move up to 50 lbs. unassisted;
- Prior experience with an ERP system a plus; preferably with EPICOR;
- Cisco Unity phone system experience preferred; and,
- A+, CompTIA or similar certification a plus.
Director of IT
How to Apply
There are several ways to apply for a position at SAFARI Montage.
Submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the Job Code on the Subject line of your message.
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Attn: Job Code
P.O. Box 680
Conshohocken, PA 19428
You may also Fax your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to 610-645-4070. Please include the Job Code on the attention line of your cover letter and salary requirements.
No Phone Inquiries will be taken
SAFARI Montage is an Equal Opportunity Employer