Interactive Videoconferencing On-Demand at your Desktop
With SAFARI Montage® Live-5! interactive videoconferencing, school districts can enable their educators to connect and collaborate with colleagues and students like never before — easily and affordably.
This feature-rich, IP-based video-conferencing system utilizes a SAFARI Montage® Live-5! server, SAFARI Montage® v.5.8 or later, the district’s private WAN and the public Internet to facilitate interactive group sessions led by one or many broadcasters. Unlike other videoconferencing systems, SAFARI Montage® Live-5! requires minimal training and technical support because of its intuitive interface and simple system setup. All a user needs is a camera and a microphone (headset preferred) connected to his or her desktop or laptop computer — that’s it!
SAFARI Montage® Live-5! is the ideal solution for providing reliable school-to-school or school-to-home education for many applications, including AP classes, distance education for homebound students, professional development for teachers at school or at home, and virtual field trips to remote locations.
Mobile Device Compatibility
SML5 app now available on the App Store for iOS devices and the Google Play Store for Android devices
MOBILE DEVICE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
iOS 5 or later, iPhone® 4 (up to iOS 6), iPhone® 4s, iPhone® 5, iPad, iPad® mini, iPad® 3, iPad® 4, iPad® 5, devices running Android™ operating system 2.3 and later, Chromebooks™ and Windows® 8 Intel-based tablets, including Microsoft Surface™ 2, Dell Venue™ phone and HP Omni 10.
NEW SML5 Teachers can now share an individual window, application or entire desktop. This feature has been optimized
to improve efficiency and provide reduced bandwidth requirements.
NEW SML5 Choose one of three preset layouts based on your needs — Chat, Presentation or Conference — or adjust
the layout just the way you like and save
it for future sessions.
SML5 now fully integrated with the
SAFARI Montage® Dashboard
Complete LDAP User Integration for SML5
NEW 5.3 Enables any SAFARI Montage® LDAP user to schedule, launch
and participate in SML5 sessions.
NEW 5.3 Join scheduled SML5 videoconferences directly from the dashboard. With V.5.3 Invitation Enhancements, SAFARI Montage® users can now be invited to a session by user type, school or school group in addition to individual invitations.
NEW 5.3 Videoconferences can be easily scheduled right from the SAFARI Montage® dashboard. The new Personal Address Book feature allows invitations and management of users outside of a district network.
NEW 5.3 Recorded SML5 videoconferences can be accessed and played right from the dashboard.
NEW SML5 Allows users to pictorially express an action or feeling, such as applauding, requesting to speak, etc.
Get immediate feedback on a topic by conducting an online live poll with participants.
Video & Audio Enhancements
- High-quality video (480x360) and audio (44kbps) that are double the quality of other desktop videoconferencing systems
- Full-screen video
- Echo cancellation
- Set and fine-tune video quality for broadcasters individually, up to full HD quality
- Start and stop other broadcasters
- Dramatic ability to play full-motion video from Media Library or YouTube®
- Updated account center with improved navigation and configurable dashboard of scheduled sessions, recordings
- Automatic creation of user accounts from invitations
- Ability for administrators to impersonate a user for support purposes
- Ability to remotely control any participant's desktop (with permission)
- Moderated Question & Answer – allows the moderator to review and selectively answer questions
- Video Conversion
- Pause Recordings
- Onscreen connection quality feedback
- Customizeable meeting URLs
- Session encryption via RTMPE
Supports 30 concurrent video conferences, depending on the district's available bandwidth.
Natively Supported Files
PNG, GIF, JPG, SWF
FLV, F4V, MP4, M4A, MOV, MP4V, 3GP
YouTube®, Flickr®, any URL with a supported filetype (listed above)
Supported Files for Conversion
Is your file not supported natively? If it's one of the file-types below, you can still upload it to your session. From your SML5 Media Library, one click converts your file so that it can be shared and viewed by all participants.
MPG, MPEG, MP4, MPG4, MOV, MOOV, WMV
PPT, PPTX, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, TXT, RTF, PDF
SAFARI Montage Live-5! system requirements
- SAFARI Montage® v5.8 server
- SAFARI Montage® Live-5! server
A Cost-Cutting Solution
With SAFARI Montage® Live!, districts can save money with Virtual Field Trips, on Distance Learning and on Professional Development.
- Virtual field trips designed by leading national organizations like NASA and Colonial Williamsburg replace costly real field trips, while preserving the essence of the experience for students.
- Interactive videoconferencing at the desktop connects remote students with teachers efficiently and economically.
- Professional Development costs are reduced or eliminated, including stipends, substitutes, teacher overtime, mileage reimbursements, meals and beverages, and location costs, as well as costs associated with duplicating or replacing hard copy Professional Development programs on VHS and DVD.
This new product allows you to include participants in your SAFARI Montage® Live! conference who are using traditional H.323-based videoconferencing systems, such as those offered by Tandberg® and Polycom®.(SAFARI Montage® Live! H.323 Gateway requires a SAFARI Montage® Live! server that is covered by a current SAFARI Montage® Live! Software Upgrade Plan. Requires pre-certification of H.323 bridge.)
- Include H.323 participants, and efficiently broadcast them to SML participants, such as teachers, professors and homebound students.
- The gateway supports one H.323 connection at a time, which may be a direct connection from a single H.323 unit or from an H.323 conferencing bridge capable of supporting multiple participants. (Requires pre-certification of H.323 bridge)
- H.323 participant(s) connected to the gateway views the full SML session window as video on their H.323 unit. While unable to use the SML5 interactive tools, H.323 participants can speak to and be seen by all others in the session
- System administrators can maintain a directory of H.323 callers, as well as manage and operate the gateway via a web interface.
SAFARI Montage® Live-5! and SAFARI Montage® Live-5! H.323 Gateway Purchase Information
For pricing and more information, call 800-843-4549 or email email@example.com.