Versions 5.0 – 5.3 Features: The SAFARI Montage user interface provides the best tools for efficiency, effectiveness and creativity.
Complete list of V.5.0 features here.
Complete list of V.5.1 features here.
New Thumbnail and Icon Dashboard
The new thumbnail functionality provides a visual interface that allows for easy linear or non-linear access to lesson assets.
- Thumbnails are now integrated into a new dashboard, search results, detail pages and playlists.
- Packaged content now supports thumbnails, including video chapters.
- SAFARI Montage CreationStation® supports automatic generation of thumbnails.
- User-selectable thumbnails include a snapshot created from
the media for supported formats, a title slate based on the
item's title or a standard thumbnail per media type.
NOTE: The new dashboard requires content drives purchased in the last two years to support the addition of thumbnails.
Enhanced Core Platform
- Improved fault tolerance and recovery
- Improved stability and security based on a full update of core OS components
New User Types
- School Admin (school-specific administration in district environments)
- Principal (school-level administration and reporting access)
- Curriculum Admin (curriculum-specific administrative reporting and content approval)
Expanded Interactive Whiteboard File Support for CreationStation™ Module
In addition to Promethean® Flipchart and SMART Notebook® files, SAFARI Montage now supports the upload and distribution throughout the district of the following additional interactive whiteboard files:
- eInstruction® Workspace™
- Hitachi® Starboard®
- Search Results Expanded
- Web links
- Coming Soon: Physical objects
Support for Over 35 New Projector Models via Pathways SM™ Module, Including the Following New Models:
- BenQ MX711
- Epson Powerlite 95+
- Hitachi CP-A220N
- Hitachi CP-WX4021N
- Hitachi CP-X2010N
- Hitachi iPJ-AW250N
- LG 50PQ30C
- LG 42PA30C
- Promethean PRM-20AV1
- SMART UF-65
- SMART UX-60
- Viewsonic® Pro8500
New Apple® iPad®/iPod®/iPhone® Support
Accessing room device controls and video content from a SAFARI Montage server via a mobile device has never been easier.
- Access SAFARI Montage and Pathways SM device control via Apple® iOS devices
- iPad and iPhone apps are available in the App Store of iTunes. Search for SAFARI Montage.
- Requires H.264 Managed Home Access Content Drive for Packaged Video Playback
- Virtual Student Response System support in DCP module
- NOTE: Subject to native playback limitations of iPad/iPod.
- Network logos pre-packaged to support Digital TV
- Custom logo support
- School News (Live & Recorded) and Internet links restored on dashboard
Enhanced SAFARI Montage Media Player
- Native support for 64-bit MAC OS® X
- Administrators can set and manage default and maximum resolution by building, user type, location (home) or device type (mobile devices)
- Addition of scrolling lesson asset thumbnails in the SAFARI Montage Media Player (SMMP) in DCP module
- V.5.2 Spanish language audio support from home on 300K video content via Managed Home Access
Network DVR (N-DVR)
- Live Classroom capture into SAFARI Montage CreationStation™
- Digital TV recording
Coming Soon: Channel Guide
New Content Package Support
- Ambrose Video, including BBC Shakespeare — true-to-text adaptations of Shakespeare’s 24 most commonly read plays, including Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo & Juliet, Julius Caesar and A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- K-8 Core Content Package (2011) — 2311 titles that include 560+ new programs such as Schoolhouse Rock!, The Science of Disney Imagineering, The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!, WordWorld, Ken Burns: The National Parks, We Shall Remain and more.
- 9-12 Expansion Content Package (2011) — 1,118 titles that include 340+ new programs such as The Eyes of Nye, Core Biology, Turning Points in U.S. History, Daily Planet, NOVA scienceNOW, Ken Burns: The National Parks, We Shall Remain and more.
- Cyber-Science Interactive 3D Model Package — over 80 detailed interactive 3D models, including all the major human anatomical systems as well as a frog, fetal pig, cat, plant cell, volcano and more.
- 2TB Drive contains both 800K and 300K on one drive
- V.5.2 2TB Drive containing 1.6 Mbps (hi-res) content
- Updated standards correlations
- Spanish language audio support for 300K video content
Upgrade to v.5.1 so you can benefit from our landmark new module:
Digital Curriculum Presenter™
- Get It!™ feature for Virtual Student Response System with smart phones and iPad mobile devices.
- IMS Common Cartridge v1.1 Conformant
- Playlist import feature & auto thumbnail
- New SAFARI Montage Media Player for scrolling DCP thumbnails
- Doc Cam link
- SAFARI Montage Live! invitations added to Dashboard
- Expanded search results, including physical objects
- Multiple Interactive Whiteboard (IWB) file support for users who need access to more than one type of IWB
- Multi-bitrate playback option for low, medium and high resolution
video (requires drive for 1.6 Mbps files)
- New video tutorial coming for version 5.x at the end of August.
- Coming Soon! Moodle® v.1.9 integration