Eyes on the Prize Now Released by PBS to Schools Digitally, Only on SAFARI Montage
Wynnewood, PA (February 19, 2010) - PBS and SAFARI Montage are proud to release for Black History Month on the SAFARI Montage platform the Emmy Award-winning definitive civil rights movement documentary series, Eyes on the Prize. The 14 full-length episodes for grades 6 and up, each with teacher’s guides, and 725 clips are now available digitally, only on the premier Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management solution for K-12 school districts — SAFARI Montage.
Produced by Blackside, one of the nation’s most acclaimed documentary film companies, and narrated by political leader and civil rights activist Julian Bond, Eyes on the Prize chronicles the story of the civil rights era from the point of view of the ordinary men and women whose extraordinary actions launched a movement that changed the fabric of American life, and embodied a struggle whose reverberations continue to be felt today. Winner of numerous Emmy Awards, a George Foster Peabody Award, an International Documentary Award and a Television Critics Association Award, Eyes on the Prize is the most critically acclaimed documentary on civil rights in America.
"We are excited to provide educators with unprecedented in-school access to PBS’s award-winning content. Using the SAFARI Montage system to digitally deliver this sensational and compelling series, educators also have access to additional resources that help integrate these important historical lessons into the curriculum, and furthermore, help to engage today’s digital learners," said Andrew Schlessinger, CEO and Co-founder of SAFARI Montage."
Programs in the series include:
Fighting Back (1957-1962)
Ain’t Scared of Your Jails (1960-1961)
No Easy Walk (1961-1963)
Mississippi: Is This America? (1963-1964)
Bridge to Freedom (1965)
The Time Has Come (1964-1966)
Two Societies (1965-1968)
The Promised Land (1967-1968)
Ain’t Gonna Shuffle No More (1964-1972)
A Nation of Law? (1968-1971)
The Keys to the Kingdom (1974-1980)
Back to the Movement (1979—mid 80s)
For more information about SAFARI Montage, the total solution for digital media networks, please visit www.SAFARIMontage.com.
PBS, with its 356 member stations, offers all Americans – from every walk of life – the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and online content. Each week, PBS reaches more than 124 million people and invites them to experience the worlds of science, history, nature and public affairs; hear diverse viewpoints; and take front row seats to world-class drama and performances. PBS’ broad array of programs has been consistently honored by the industry’s most coveted award competitions. Teachers of children from pre-K through 12th grade turn to PBS for digital content and services that help bring classroom lessons to life. PBS’ premier children’s TV programming and Web site, pbskids.org, are parents’ and teachers’ most trusted partners in inspiring and nurturing curiosity and love of learning in children. More information about PBS is available at www.pbs.org, one of the leading dot-org Web sites on the Internet.
About SAFARI Montage
SAFARI Montage provides K-12 school districts with a comprehensive solution for their digital media networking and visual instruction needs. The full suite of integrated products provides a single interface for accessing all visual resources from inside the school district intranet or from home. The award-winning SAFARI Montage Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management enterprise solution is designed to cut costs for school districts by utilizing intelligent digital media delivery, while facilitating visual instruction and learning in the classroom. SAFARI Montage servers come preloaded with educational video titles tied to the curriculum from the industry’s leading video publishers. In addition, SAFARI Montage provides the ability for school districts to easily upload and manage their own digital video and other content, and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. With the introduction of its new Pathways SM module, SAFARI Montage now provides a solution for districts to control, manage and schedule classroom and district devices.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement