Loudoun County Public Schools Selects SAFARI Montage WAN Manager for Video-On-Demand and Digital Media Management
Philadelphia, PA (July 19, 2007) - Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS), Loudoun County, VA, has purchased Library Video Company’s (LVC) SAFARI Montage WAN Manager, the award-winning, WAN-based, Video-On-Demand and digital media management system for all of its 69 schools. LCPS has selected SAFARI Montage because the system helps to support the goal of providing a technology-rich learning environment for all students.
“After a successful one year evaluation, the significant, positive feedback and dynamic results made purchasing SAFARI Montage WAN Manager for the entire district an easy decision,” said W. David Jones, Supervisor, Library Media Services. He added, “Ensuring that every school in the district had a high-quality digital video collection was a major selling point for our district.”
“The integration of technology and curriculum in the classroom is a primary focus of our Instructional Technology Department,” said Director Preston Coppels. “SAFARI Montage will enable Loudoun County Public Schools to integrate video and district-created visual resources into daily curriculum initiatives such as History Alive. We have seen our teachers quickly adopt the SAFARI Montage VOD system and are pleased with how well it integrates with other district technology initiatives such as electronic whiteboards.”
“It has been a thrill to work with the staff at Loudoun County Public Schools who immediately developed best practices to include SAFARI Montage video content in their daily classroom instruction. We are excited that LCPS is going to implement a district-wide system that will integrate the curriculum and resources throughout the entire district,” said Tim Beekman, President of SAFARI Video Networks, a division of Library Video Company. “They are one of the most respected schools in the country and we’ve seen firsthand how this is true.”
A server has been installed in every school. Instructional Services along with the Library Media Services staff played an integral role in this purchasing decision as they recognized the value of SAFARI Montage.
Along with SAFARI Montage WAN Manager, the district has also purchased CreationStation, an easy-to-use software tool for schools and districts to add locally-created video content and licensed programming to SAFARI Montage, and metatag and manage that content. When used in conjunction with SAFARI Montage WAN Manager, districts can upload and distribute the digital content to all schools with ease, thereby supporting critical initiatives like professional development.
LCPS joins the growing number of major school districts across the country who have selected SAFARI Montage for their Video-On-Demand needs, such as Baltimore County Public Schools, Chicago Public Schools, Bucks County Schools IU (PA), Plano ISD (TX), and Forsyth County Schools (GA).
About Library Video Company
Founded in 1985 by Andrew Schlessinger, Library Video Company (LVC) is the largest distributor of educational media to schools and libraries nationwide, and recently introduced SAFARI Montage. This award-winning, broadcast quality, Video-On-Demand solution for schools and districts comes preloaded with educational video titles from the industry’s leading video publishers, including LVC’s own award-winning Schlessinger Media library. SAFARI Montage WAN Manager — the only Wide Area Network Digital Media Management solution — provides maximum flexibility for a school district to control and manage all of their district’s digital video from a central location. This ground-breaking product gives school districts the ability to upload their own video content at the district level and easily disseminate it to all classrooms throughout the district. For more information about SAFARI Montage, go to www.SAFARIMontage.com.
About Loudoun County Public Schools
Located 25 miles northwest of Washington, D.C., Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) serves 50,740 (estimated) students in Loudoun County, Virginia. It has 68 school facilities which include 44 elementary schools (grades K-5), 11 middle schools (grades 6-8), 1 intermediate school (grades 8-9), 10 high schools (grades 9-12) and 2 instructional centers. As one of the fastest growing counties in the United States, LCPS, along with the School Board, strives to build the technology infrastructure as well as the professional development that supports its use in innovative ways. For more information about LCPS, go to www.Loudoun.k12.va.us.
Director of Marketing
Other Press Releases:
- SAFARI Montage Announces An All-New Videoconferencing System
- SAFARI Montage Hosts Inaugural Texas Users Symposium
- Denver Public Schools Selects the SAFARI Montage Platform
- SAFARI Montage Adds Award-Winning Programs From Ambrose Video
- SAFARI Montage at ISTE 2011: Showcasing the smartest integration of K-12 educational technology ever
- Schoolhouse Rock! Now Available Digitally From Disney Educational Productions and SAFARI Montage
- SAFARI Montage and Cyber-Science 3D Enter Into 3D Deal
- SAFARI Montage Launches iPad and iPhone Apps
- SAFARI Montage Debuts Digital Curriculum Presenter™ Platform
- Lampasas ISD Chooses SAFARI Montage to Meet District’s Visual Instruction Needs
- SAFARI Montage Adds More Than 400 Video Titles for Grades K-6
- SAFARI Montage Joins IMS GLC to Provide Leadership in Interoperability for Digital Media in Schools
- PAIUnet Announces Statewide Availability of SAFARI Montage
- ELMO USA and SAFARI Montage Integrate 21st Centurury Classroom Technologies to Support Visual Learning Inititatives at P
- California’s Two Largest High School Districts - Sweetwater Union and Kern – Choose SAFARI Montage
- Allen Independent School District Uses Pathways SM to Manage Digital Resources That Impact Student Achievement